Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grandma


How does one begin? Can you ever really understand the memories that run across my mind as I stare at this picture and others like it. This woman gave. That is what she did. She was always giving. I remember asking my mom how I would repay her for her generosity. My mom insisted that neither she or her mom, my Grandma expected repayment. They only expected me to continue sharing all that I have with my children. I can and will do that. I will also try to show them the value of an education, help them see the beauty in the world that surrounds them, and help them to feel the love that comes from spending time with family. I will try to help them understand the excitement she had for missionaries, and why she felt that was such an important work. I will carry on the legacy of love and teasing that she and my Grandpa shared.


1 comment:

brenda said...

I miss her! What a wonderful person we were able to call Grandma!