Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bear Lake Fun




We took the kids to Bear Lake for four days to get away one more time before school starts. Nothing could be more fun than sand, water, and kids. Anna even said "This is my favorite day! I am going to remember it forever."

We were able to stay in this little cabin just off of the beach. During the day we played on the beach, did a little bit of hiking, saw a show at the Pickleville Playhouse, and ate raspberry ice cream. I tried to talk Chris into renting a boat for the day, but Zac is too little. Too Bad!!!

We played and relaxed all weekend. Chris even took some time to do a century on his bike (100 miles). I did try out my new bike, but ended up with a seriously scraped up elbow, completely bruised behind, and an eternally bleeding thumb. (Have you ever tried to stop a bike with your feet tied to the pedals? Guaranteed to fall! I got one foot out of the clips but tipped the other way.)

I am glad to be home, but I did love the chance to be together without the usual distractions of life.

1 comment:

michiganbliss said...

Looks like a fun getaway

(and seriously, could that baby boy BE any sweeter??)