Sunday, August 31, 2008

When is the time?

Last week I had two of my college roomies come for a visit. We had a great time with the kids playing and flashing down to memory lane. We got talking about TV's. (I don't remember why.) I had to open our entertainment center and point out that the one and only TV we have in our house is the one I purchased for our apartment just after our freshman year. This was ten years ago! Not to mention I bought it used from a pawn shop (yes that is a little white trash, but...it was cheap, and I was only 18 with college bills to pay.) They were teasing and saying it may be time for a new one. Don't get me wrong we have thought about it. I start thinking about asking my parents for their opinion--they just bought one a few months ago (a really nice Sony flat screen that can be wall mounted). But wait, their old one is older than mine is now! Then I thought to ask my baby sister--after all theirs is only seven years old (happy anniversary by the way!) Oh, and they did drop it once during a move, and the coloring has not been the same since. Still, they have not bought a new TV. My family may not be the ones to ask if it is time for a new TV. Did I mention that I just bought our 6th or 7th stroller? Where R my priorities?

2 comments:

Scanlon Family said...

Tease you we may, but we're still using our first TV that I got 6 1/2 years ago . . . and that's not going to change any time soon (as much as Jason is dying to get a high def), we have diapers to buy! :)

Jamie VanBeekum said...

LOL! I can so relate! On another note, I e-mailed Em, in case you get that first... I'd be happy to help you with some announcements. Just e-mail me at kvanbeekum@earthlink.net.