Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful...

Our family is talking in church in a couple of weeks. (ugh! it was bound to happen with being new to the ward, but I was hoping we could skip it.) I sat down at the computer this morning to start my talk. I read some great talks, and started writing some very profound thoughts. I was feeling very proud of my progress, so I took a break. I checked face book and my usual blogs, then closed the tab to return to my talk. Up popped another document. On the top was Anna's talk, on the bottom was Preston's. I was humbled, each wrote of their love and gratitude for their family and their Father in Heaven. They were written in their own words. Chris and I had told them we were speaking, but had not had a chance to guide them on what they were supposed to speak. They spoke from the heart, they bore their testimonies in a way that I could not. Nothing I wrote could be as profound as their beautiful and simple knowledge.

For children that remind me what true gratitude is... I am thankful...

1 comment:

kwgirl said...

We LOVED hearing your family speak and the kids did such an AMAZING job.
We are thankful to have you as neighbors:)