Monday, November 29, 2010

Marriage is a CRAP-SHOOT!!!!


My sister came up with this theory: marriage is a crap-shoot! And I completely agree! How well did we really know the person we married? Being LDS most of us were young (I was 20), we dated only a few months (OK, I surpassed that one with over a year), we never lived together, chances are he was not into his career (Chris had only one semester of school done--much less a career). I knew he was cute, smart, and ambitious (hugh? what's that?) Eleven years later I saw my husband for the first time this morning--this time for who he really is!
Out my frost covered window I saw him as he finished shoveling my driveway. He took a moment out in the bitter cold to pull out the bright orange sled and push our little blond boy down the mountain of snow they had built together. I could only see the giggles that filled the chilly air, but I knew in that moment that I had everything. Five happy, healthy children, and a husband/father that exceeded all of my girlish dreams. I think I won in this game of crap-shoot.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I love it when we can see that we have the grand prize right here with us. What a fun memory to share!