Saturday, June 28, 2008

The whole story

OK, now that I have calmed down to the fact that we spent our life savings in under eight minutes, I will explain the time share story. We were getting the kids into bed, Chris was checking on Chloe one more time. I decided to hop on the computer and check ebay for timeshares. We have been doing this for a few months. I knew what we wanted, Gold week (better tradability), two bedroom lock off (more room for four kids, and again more trading power), Marriott (can't beat the quality) and most likely in Park City (that is what my parents own and it has been great for them. So I am looking through the listings and find one for Palm Springs California ending in 8 minutes. I yell up to Chris, "what do you think?" Complete sarcasm. I have not looked into California properties. He says, "Sure!" Again Sarcasm! I bid--no big deal, things jump in the last few minute of ebay. Most auctions I have watched for timeshares double in the last ten minutes of an auction. We chuckle--no big deal...right? Two minutes goes by. Then another. Chris!!! I am starting to panic. Chris!!! I yell "get down here!" He laughs, he knows the game. But suddenly I am not as sure. Two more minutes go by. Suddenly I am having a very strong contraction. This is not funny. I start hitting my refresh button every twenty seconds (I know, I counted to twenty in between each push). Three minutes go by and we have purchased a time share. Pause. Then a whole lot of screaming and panic from me. Chris is completely calm. Cool, he says California is much cooler than Park City. But do you understand I keep saying--we bought a timeshare--one I have never seen. He loves it,

No comments: