Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's a Boy!









































Yesterday morning Melissa woke up with some stronger-than-usual contractions. We had the bags packed, the car was ready to go and Melissa's parents were put on call. I was sure that we were going to have a 4th of July baby.

We went to the parade in Centerville with Preston, Anna, and Chloe. Melissa was having contractions all during the parade. We then went home and took a nap and had some down time. After the nap we had dinner with Melissa's parents. The contractions continued all day long and they were strong enough to stop Melissa in her tracks when they happened. After dinner we went home, got the kids to bed, and tried to relax a little. Then the contractions really started. Melissa's parents came over and we left our house at 9:30. Melissa was checked into her room at 10:00 and Zackary Brent was born at about 11:30. It happened so fast that she barely got the epidural in before he came.

Zac was 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 21 inches long. I included some pictures that were taken on my camera phone. Like a bonehead, I left the cameras at home. We should have some better pictures later today. (By the way, this is Chris. I hijacked the blog while Melissa feeds Zac.)

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Yeah! Good Job Chris for updated the blog so quick! Good Job Melissa for having that baby! :) Can't wait to come see him.

MEGAN said...

Wish I could be there now. I am excited to come out there and see my cute new nephew. Congratulations!

Kandyce said...

Megan CONGRATULATIONS, I am so happy that your little guy came safe, sound and healthy. CONGRATS!:)

Scanlon Family said...

What a beautiful new baby! Congratulations.

Elise said...

When can I come meet the new baby??