Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday

It's Chris again. I am glad Melissa hasn't changed her password yet. Until she changes it, I may break in once in a while.

I just wanted to wish her a happy birthday today. She is now in her upper twenties and I have been privileged to share the last 8+ years with her. She is one amazing lady (I can say lady now that she is almost 30).

There are so many things I love about her. Here are just a few:

1. She has the most beautiful eyes. I believe you can see them in the picture at the top of the blog. They are the most beautiful blue you have ever seen.
2. She supports me and continually gives to me without much thought for herself. She is one of the most selfless people I know.
3. She gives the same support to the kids. I know that sometimes they get on her nerves, but at the end of the day she gives each one of them a kiss and she means it.
4. She could just stare at Zac for hours. I have only witnessed this complete love a few times in my life. She would do anything for him. (that goes for the rest of us as well.)
5. She has a passion for shopping but she will never bankrupt us with it. (Even if she does spontaneously buy time shares).
6. She is always thinking of others. There are many around that would count her as a true friend. That is rare.
7. She is brilliant. I frequently think, "Man, I bet Melissa could do this a lot better than I could."
8. She is patient. She doesn't think so, but I have seen what she puts up with. Between me and the kids, she has her hands full.
9. She gave up her dreams for me.

This is by no means a comprehensive list. I could sit here all day and write about her.

Melissa, I love you. I am so blessed to be a part of your life. Thank you for everything you do. I hope you have a great birthday.

Love,

Chris

1 comment:

Elise said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!