Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I am a little late in posting this, but this is a reminder for all my friends. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month...do your exams!!! I will remind you again in May (my own five year mark!!!), but please do them!!! I don't care if you think you are to young (I was 23). I don't care if it is not in your family (I was the first in mine)! I was lucky that although mine was malignant all I had to experience was a partial mastectomy. Two surgeries is a very easy treatment considering what so many others have to go through, but that was enough of a wake up call for me, and I hope enough for ALL of my friends.

3 comments:

Stephers said...

Thanks for the reminder. I still remember the shock I felt when you told me about your cancer. My close neighbor in New York just found out she has it as well... it certainly touches everyone!

Kelli said...

do i need to ask if you've been in this year? i think you have but you tend to find lots of excuses too. bring me your kids and go to the doctor!

Elise said...

I still can't believe sometimes that you have had this already because you were so young. I'm glad you remind us all to pay attention.